Thursday, December 20, 2018

Merry Christmas!

I can think of no better way to say "Merry Christmas" than to share this story of hope and grace.  It's a story of Patrick, a local man, who was once living on the streets up by NE 82nd.  We played a small part in the story, thanks be to God. The first few times we saw Patrick on 82nd he just eyed Chris and I and continued on his bike. Then one day he stopped and declared, "I'm done with the streets. I've had enough." I knew that he meant it, and the next time we saw him I said to Meagan, "He won't be on the streets very long." Little did I know that God would use a medical emergency to get the job done. Please read Patrick's story. I pray that his story will be widely circulated. It will bring hope to many families who have sons and daughters on the streets.



Patrick, our friend.      Photo by The Catholic Sentinel

No comments:

Post a Comment